Achieving ISO 9001 certification is a great milestone for any organisation, but getting certified isn't the end of the journey by any means. In order to retain your ISO-certified status, you will need to stick to the processes laid out in your quality management system; you will also be required to undergo annual surveillance audits to ensure that you're still meeting ISO 9001 standards.
The good news is that you don't have to go into these surveillance audits unprepared. At NPT Management Systems, we don't just help businesses to gain ISO certification and then leave them to it - we continue to work closely with our clients after certification, ensuring that they pass all subsequent audits and maintain a high level of quality going forward.
Here are some examples of clients who - with NPT's help - have passed surveillance audits with zero-conformances:
Whether you're looking to achieve ISO 9001 certification or pass an upcoming surveillance audit, our experienced consultants are here to help. Contact NPT Management Systems to discuss your requirements.
Even if you've already put a QMS (Quality Management System) in place and achieved ISO accreditation, it's important to undergo regular ISO 9001 audits to ensure that your QMS is still being followed throughout the organisation and that it's still delivering continuous improvement for your business.
Rather than being a chore or an encumbrance, an ISO 9001 audit should provide real value to the business being audited. With the help of the ISO experts here at NPT Management Systems, your audit will benefit you in a number of ways:
- Ensuring that your QMS is effective
- Making your system more efficient and more integrated with your day-to-day operations
- Saving you money and reducing wastage within your organisation
- Highlighting possible risk areas and opportunities for future improvement
If you're used to dreading your ISO 9001 audit, we strongly recommend that you contact NPT Management Systems today to find out how we can help you.
Read more: Value-Added ISO Audits >
As regular visitors to our website will know, we at NPT Management Systems frequently work with clients in the UK marine industry. For example, back in March we told you about Baker Trayte Marine, a Hampshire-based company offering a variety of specialist marine services; we helped them to implement a robust quality management system (QMS) and pass their stage 1 ISO 9001 certification audit with zero non-conformances raised.
Well, our Principal Consultant Neil Peattie recently returned to the Baker Trayte office to assist with another audit that was being carried out by the company's certification body. This was Baker Trayte Marine's first audit since they achieved certification in March, and we're pleased to report that, once again, everything went smoothly and no non-conformances were raised.
Here's what Baker Trayte Marine's Quality Representative had to say after the audit had been completed:
"Neil assisted with our recent audit and it all went very smoothly. Neil's assistance since we first commenced on the ISO path has been invaluable; with his guidance, the process has been straightforward, and we would highly recommend his services. Thanks Neil - we couldn't have done it without you!"
We at NPT Management Systems have the knowledge and experience to help your company achieve ISO 9001 certification. We can also help you to maintain your QMS and keep it at a very high standard going forward, just as we did for Baker Trayte Marine.
NPT Management Systems are based in Southampton, and our quality consultants work with clients all over Hampshire and the surrounding counties. Call 02380 659 867 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your requirements.
Over the years, we at NPT Management Systems have worked with a wide range of businesses in an even wider range of industry sectors. Our speciality is helping organisations to achieve ISO 9001 certification, but even if you're not interested in acquiring this globally-recognised mark of quality, there are still a number of ways in which our experienced quality consultants may be able to help you.
Pictured: Principal Consultant Neil Peattie
Here are just a few examples of how our expert guidance could benefit your business:
- No quality management system? Whether or not you wish to apply for ISO certification via a UKAS-accredited body, implementing a robust quality management system (QMS) will still have huge benefits for your organisation. Our expert quality consultants will help you to plan and implement a QMS that's perfectly tailored to your business, thereby improving your processes, boosting customer satisfaction, and minimising waste.
- Already ISO 9001 certfied? Just because your existing QMS meets ISO 9001 requirements doesn't necessarily mean it can't be improved. Our quality consultants are able to carry out a full review of your current quality management system and help you to get more from it, e.g. by saving you money or replacing your QMS with a system that's better-suited to your specific niche.
- Seeking ISO certification? As mentioned above, we have an outstanding track record when it comes to ISO 9001 certification. Time and again, we have shown that we can get our clients recommended for certification with zero non-conformances raised, so if your goal is to achieve ISO 9001 accreditation, we are the people to call.
Our quality consultants work with businesses across the South of England. Contact us today to discuss your requirements.
Regardless of whether or not you've achieved ISO certification in the past, hiring an experienced quality consultant can have real benefits for your business. Read on to find out more, or contact NPT Management Systems now to discuss your requirements with Principal Consultant Neil Peattie.
If you've never hired a quality consultant before...
If you're new to the world of quality management and ISO certification, it's well worth hiring a professional consultant to guide you through the process and ensure that everything goes smoothly. A good consultant will:
- Get to know your business rather than recommending an off-the-shelf solution
- Help you to implement your QMS (Quality Management System) throughout the entire company
- Assist with applying for ISO certification from a UKAS-accredited body
- Ensure that your QMS is efficient and future-proof
If you're already ISO certified...
Even if your business has already achieved ISO certification, there may well be a room for improvement. Bringing in a consultant to review your current quality management system can help you to:
- Save money by reducing the costs of compliance and certification going forward
- Add additional standards such as ISO 14001 and ISO 27001
- Assess the quality of any consultancy services you have received previously
- Reduce waste within your management system
If you would like NPT Management Systems to help with your company's quality management processes, please give us a call on 02380 659 867 today.
NPT Management Systems are Gold Sponsors at the River Hamble Games 2016! This event will see all sorts of games and activities taking place along the banks of the Hamble, and the 2016 Games will have a special Brazilian theme in honour of the Summer Olympics, which will be held in Rio de Janeiro later this year. The River Hamble Games will take place on Saturday the 18th of June - why not come along and enjoy the carnival atmosphere?