Here at NPT Management Systems, we love to contribute to our community. Not only have we helped countless Hampshire-based businesses to achieve ISO 9001 certification, we're also enthusiastic supporters of many local charities and organisations.
For example, we recently had the privilege of attending a charity ball organised by Ben's Heroes Trust, a charity that helps young cancer patients to access new treatments and enjoy a better quality of life. We were thrilled to show our support and make a donation - the 'Captain's Table' event was a huge success and the money raised came to more than £6,500!
Image source: Ben's Heroes Trust (via Facebook)
We have also historically supported sporting events like the River Hamble Games, which will be taking place on the shore of the Hamble this weekend. We've previously sponsored the volleyball event, and we're immensely looking forward to hearing about this year's games - we're sure they'll be a smashing success once again.
NPT Management Systems are based in Netley Abbey, near Southampton. Click here to learn more about us and how we help local businesses to achieve ISO certification.
As a proud Hampshire-based company, we at NPT Management Systems like to do what we can to support the local community in Southampton and the surrounding area. In addition to working with numerous local businesses and helping them to achieve ISO 9001 certification, we have provided hi-vis jackets to the Hamble River Sailing Club's Junior Sailing group; we have sponsored events at the River Hamble Games; and, most recently, we lent our support to Hamble Lifeboat by sponsoring a page in their 2018 calendar.
Images from Hamble Lifeboat's Facebook page
Established in 1968, Hamble Lifeboat do great work saving lives on the Solent coast. According to their website, they attend 100 incidents per year on average, operating in an area 15 miles long and 10 miles across at its widest point. The Hamble Lifeboat team work at all hours of the day and night, 365 days a year, even in the worst weather conditions.
NPT Management Systems have sponsored the January page of this year's calendar, which is now on sale for just £5. All proceeds go towards helping Hamble Lifeboat save lives and continue their good work for years to come.
We are proud to support Hamble Lifeboat and Hampshire's thriving marine sector at large. Click here to learn more about our work with marine businesses in Southampton and across the South of England.
To purchase your Hamble Lifeboat calendar, email email@example.com. The calendar is also available to purchase from the lifeboat station in Southampton (weekends only).
2016 has been a very busy year for us here at NPT Management Systems. Here's a quick look back at some of our biggest successes:
- Our year got off to a good start when our clients Imperial Car Supermarkets were recommended for ISO 9001 after an intensive 4-day audit by a UKAS-accredited certification body. Neil Smith, the company's Operations Director, said "I cannot fault NPT's commitment to this project".
- Less than a month later, we got some more good news from another client: after implementing a new quality management system with the help of our experienced quality consultants, Gecko Metal Works (based in Eastleigh, near Southampton) had been recommended for ISO 9001 certification as well. Neil Monckton from Gecko said "NPT Management Systems have helped us to put all the systems and policies in place to achieve ISO 9001 certification. We have found their help and knowledge to be exceptional."
- We helped a number of businesses within the UK marine sector this year, including David Store Navigational Management and Baker Trayte Marine. Both businesses earned ISO 9001 accreditation with our assistance, and both were very pleased with the service we provided.
- We played an active role in Southampton's local community this year, sponsoring the beach volleyball event at the 2016 River Hamble Games and providing hi-vis clothing for the junior sailing class instructors and helpers at the Hamble River Sailing Club. As our Principal Consultant Neil Peattie put it, these gestures were "a real sign of our passion for supporting the marine sector as a whole, not just its businesses".
- One thing we did a lot of in 2016 was helping ISO-certified companies to transition to the relatively new ISO 9001:2015 standard. Companies such as Sterling Defence (based in Eastleigh), Anchor Systems (based in West Sussex), and NEKK Europe Ltd (based just outside Basingstoke) all came to us for help with the transition, and each business stated how impressed they were with the level of expertise we brought to the process.
2016 has been a very prosperous year for NPT Management Systems, and we of course hope that we'll be just as busy in 2017. We'd like to wish all of our clients and associates a very happy new year, and remember: if you need any assistance with your quality management system in 2017, don't hesitate to get in touch!
It's that time of year again, and with Christmas Day drawing ever nearer, we at NPT would like to take this opportunity to wish all of our friends and clients a very happy Christmas and a successful 2017.
Please note that we will be closed for Christmas from Monday the 19th of December 2016. Business will resume as usual on Tuesday the 3rd of January 2017. Our telephone line will not be manned during the intervening period; if you need to get in touch, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will respond when we return on the 3rd of January.
Once again, we hope you enjoy the holiday season - be sure to contact us in the New Year if you require any of the following services:
Our Principal Consultant Neil Peattie graduated from the University of Portsmouth with a Master's degree in Strategic Quality Management. Obtaining this qualification was a very important step on Neil's path to becoming one of Hampshire's leading quality consultants, and earlier this month, he returned to the University of Portsmouth to speak to the students currently enrolled on the MSc Strategic Quality Management course.
During Neil's visit, he shared his industry knowledge with the SQM students and offered professional advice based on his years of experience providing a quality consultancy service for clients right across the South of England. He also answered a range of queries from the students themselves in a wide-ranging Q&A session. SQM lecturer Andrea Foley was very pleased with how the session went, stating:
"The students appreciate the insights visiting speakers, such as Neil, bring to the course and their engagement was evident during his Q&A session."
At NPT Management Systems we are keen to maintain a strong relationship with the University of Portsmouth and specifically the SQM course going forward, as this is where the next generation of quality professionals are developing their knowledge and taking it into the industry. Neil's recent visit left him confident that the future is very bright indeed!