Here at NPT Management Systems, we are always striving to create meaningful relationships with the businesses and organisations whom we help to operate in a more efficient and effective manner. We feel extremely proud whenever we receive positive feedback from customers after we have finished working with them, and this time is no different.
Spectral Dynamics is an international company that works in the field of vibration and acoustics, operating on a reputation that has developed through offering quality products and services. However, as the business has grown and evolved over recent years through challenges that it has faced, it became apparent that it needed to update and reform the quality management system that it was utilising to meet the new scope and demands of the business.
As a result, Spectral Dynamics contacted us here at NPT Management Systems to help develop a newer, more adaptable QMS than was able to cope with the more recent demands placed on the business. After working with Spectral and developing a new system for them to implement and use, here is what they had to say:
"We used NPT Management Systems to assist us in the development of a new quality management system to support our ISO 9001 2015 certification, we found the principal consultant Neil Peattie very helpful and supportive along our journey. We found working with NPT made the development of the QMS very painless indeed.
We will continue to use NPT for the future and we would recommend NPT to any business large or small looking to develop or improve quality systems and processes."
Very kind and encouraging words indeed and a new relationship that we hope can continue over the near future with regular ISO 9001 audits to ensure the latest systems and processes that have been put in place are continued with full effect.
Do you require a new and updated quality management system for your business?
If your business requires a new and updated QMS to better adapt to recent challenges faced or if you believe developing a QMS into your business will be of benefit, then please contact us today to find out how we can help!
Get in Touch >
Broadly speaking, a management system is simply a set of processes and company policies that is designed to help an organisation achieve a particular goal. That goal could be anything from improving customer satisfaction to reducing waste and being more environmentally-friendly.
There are many different types of management systems, and companies all over the world use them in various combinations to drive consistent improvement and ensure maximise efficiency. Here are some of the most common management system types:
- Quality Management System - Focuses on meeting customer requirements and maintaining high quality across all products/services. The international standard for quality management systems is ISO 9001.
- Environmental Management System - Focuses on minimising the environmental impact of the company's operations (making the organisation greener, in other words). The international standard for environmental management systems is ISO 14001.
- Information Security Management System - Focuses on keeping information (e.g. financial information, passwords, personal details) secure. The international standard for information security management systems is ISO 27001.
- Energy Management System - Focuses on reducing energy usage within the organisation. The international standard for energy management systems is ISO 50001.
- Occupational Health & Safety Management System - Focuses on protecting the health and safety of everyone within the organisation, as well as members of the public who may be affected by the company's operations. The current standard for health and safety management systems is OHSAS 18001 (also known as ISO 18001), although ISO are currently developing a new standard called ISO 45001.
If your organisation needs help implementing any combination of the above management systems, please contact ISO experts NPT Management Systems today.
Image courtesy of pexels.com
It all began with a chance meeting one Saturday morning in Netley Abbey. Florist Katie Mawson was walking out of her shop with her hands full of flowers, and she was unable to open the door of her van. Neil Peattie, who happened to be walking past at that moment, simply offered to open the van door for her, but one thing led to another and Katie was soon telling Neil all about how she was preparing for one of her busiest days of the year: Mother's Day.
Neil listened with interest and offered Katie some advice. Two hours later, with a series of notes written on the back of paper normally used for wrapping flowers, Katie Mawson had been given a crash course in a couple of Lean Tools:
- 5S - A spontaneous and continuous improvement of working environment and working conditions
- 7 Wastes - Identifying unprofitable activity within your organisation
"At first, I was struggling to see how what Neil was telling me could be applied to a florist's shop in Netley Abbey. To be honest, I thought that he was slightly crazy! After walking Neil through a couple of processes such as making a bouquet of flowers, Neil was able to show me how some simple visual management tools could help me - I'm now confident that no time will ever be lost again looking for lost scissors! We'll also be using some of the techniques to help make beautiful bouquets in the most efficient way in the run up to Mother's Day."
- Katie Mawson, Owner of Katie Mawson Floral Design
If you are interested in learning more about Lean techniques and how they could benefit your business, please contact NPT Management Systems today.
Alternatively, if you are looking for a beautiful bouquet of flowers for Mother's Day (Sunday the 26th of March 2017), visit Katie Mawson Floral Design at 30 Station Road, Netley Abbey, Southampton, Hampshire, SO31 5AF.
Image Source: facebook.com/KatieMawsonFloralDesign
All too often, attempts to achieve real improvement within an organisation fail to get results because the managers are aiming for a one-off fix instead of for sustained growth over time. Continuous improvement should be the goal, and this can be attained via a solid continuous business improvement programme.
Of course, these programmes are only effective if everyone in your company understands how to work with the programme and implement it in every area of the business. Fortunately, we at NPT Management Systems don't just help you to plan your continuous improvement programme - we can also provide in-depth continuous improvement training sessions for your staff to ensure that they have full understanding of (and confidence in) the new system. With our training, your employees will be capable of:
- Identifying business process problems
- Resolving process problems quickly
- Assuming a leadership role when solving process problems
We will also make sure that everyone is well-versed in such important improvement tools as process mapping, cause and effect diagrams, and pareto diagrams.
For more information about our continuous improvement training service, please contact NPT Management Systems today.
Conducting an internal quality audit can have real benefits for your organisation, but many business owners struggle to carry out a thorough, effective audit that delivers the desired results. Fortunately, you don't have to handle this potentially challenging task alone - here at NPT, we excel at conducting efficient, comprehensive quality audits and helping companies to improve their quality management processes.
Here are a few of the reasons why NPT Management Systems are the perfect choice for your internal quality audit:
- We offer an independent view. It can sometimes be difficult to take an objective view of a business when you play a large role in that business and its processes. We can offer an experienced, independent assessment of your business and give you knowledgeable advice on how to improve it.
- We keep you on schedule. When you're busy helping customers and running your business, an internal quality audit can sometimes fall by the wayside. NPT Management Systems will ensure that your audit stays on track and reaches completion within the designated period.
- We offer a comprehensive service. We can help you to plan and conduct your internal audit; we can also design and implement a robust QMS (Quality Management System) that will allow your company to achieve ISO 9001 certification.
Contact NPT Management Systems today to discuss your quality audit requirements with an experienced quality specialist.