Finding and choosing the right ISO consultant is an important decision for an organisation to make, especially for those looking for a consultant for the first time.
Organisations use an ISO consultant to help them design and implement a quality management system (QMS) with the objective of achieving or maintaining certification to a required standard. Some organisations even retain their consultant after implementation to act as their designated management representative or internal auditor. The value of having an ISO consultant cannot be understated, as they have the potential to be extremely influential in regards to achieving and maintaining ISO certification. Therefore, choosing the right consultant for your business should be a thorough and well-thought-out process.
To make things a little easier, here are some key considerations that you will need to make during your search for the right consultant:
- Understand your reasons for hiring a consultant – Before you begin your search for the right ISO consultant, you need to be clear on the reasons behind your search. This will make other key considerations easier.
- Look for experience and relevance – It’s important to select a consultant that has the relevant experience to help your business achieve certification. Look for experience within your industry, management systems and specific ISO standards.
- Establish a good working relationship - Your ISO consultant will spend a lot of time within your organisation and gain close access to your processes and staff. Therefore, you will need to build a solid rapport and mutual trust with each other.
- Costs – Budgets are never unlimited. So, when you choose your ISO consultant, you need to ensure that their costs are in-line with your spending allowances.
- Gather references and investigate past work – Try to gain an insight into how your ISO consultant works by gathering references from organisations they’ve worked with in the past or take a look at case studies they may have. By learning about their credentials, you'll be in a better position to make an informed decision.
Talking these six points into consideration will help you to choose an ISO consultant. If you are looking for an effective, ISO consultant that you can trust, NPT Management Systems can help you. Click below to learn more about our ISO consultant services and how we can help you.
About Us >
If you would like us to help your organisation design and implement an effective QMS to help achieve or maintain ISO certification, then please full out and submit an enquiry form here.